Investment Possibilities in Riga
This year, the city of Riga participated along with Stockholm, Copenhagen, Vilnius, Budapest, Munich, Oslo, Warsaw and others in the MIPIM 2009 exhibition.
This is the 20th international real property exhibition MIPIM 2009, which is considered to be the largest, most authoritative and presentable forum of investments in the world. More than 8 000 world real property market participants participated in the exhibition – 3 500 investors, representatives of 200 cities and others, such as bankers, builders, architects and representatives of regional unions.
By considering the international financial and real property market problems, the main subject of the talks at the exhibition was the impact of the world economic crisis on the real property market and possible scenarios for its recovery.
Overall, the Riga City Council aims for participation in MIPIM 2009, by considering the actual situation in the real property market, have been to ACTIVELY:
- Study the experience of other cities in attracting investments in the current world economic crisis context; meet representatives of investment attraction structures from different cities;
- Create and promote recognition of the city of Riga and the real property industry companies operating in it, as well as its planning area among the international real estate market participants, including investors;
- Facilitate the attraction of investments to the real property available in the Riga city administrative territory and the Riga planning area, which are the property of both public and private sectors;
- Provide support to the real property industry companies operating in Riga and its planning area by attracting foreign investors;
- Inform the exhibition visitors about the Riga development plan;
- Continue popularising Riga as a city open for business activities and investments.
During the exhibition, Riga City Council participants met with representatives
from more than 70 different countries and organisations.
In order to simplify access to the information about the development and investment projects of international institutions and the Riga City Council, we offer the visitors of our home page direct links to several internet portals and their sections.
The task of the portal http://www.rigasprojekti.lv/ is to acquaint you with all the interested persons with the most topical information about the tenders of the European Union’s projects and international projects, in which the Riga City Council and its structural units are participating.
The information in this EU program and funds data base is regularly updated, as soon as the information is received from intermediary institutions and program/funds coordinating units. The information for the portal is prepared and regularly updated by the Riga City Council’s City Development Department’s Economics Board’s International projects division.